Well, I can easily state that in my planning, procrastinating, and general work-avoidance methods, I truly did not plan on having this be my next topic to post, but shoot dang, Merle! I was very happy to read that from the sticks to the bricks and back again has nominated my very new, very young blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. Since I had no idea that there even was an award, I can honestly state I was blown away and pleased. By way of explanation, bloggers are nominated by other bloggers. This is to promote and showcase up and coming, new bloggers, or promote established bloggers who have lovely blogs! I’m very touched and humbled to have my page included!
As I am a fairly good conformist (I fight when/where fighting is needed, otherwise I am a pretty good rule follower) — I will follow the rules set forth in accepting and nominating, and ask if you’re nominated, please also do the same. Here are the easy and fellow-promoting rules:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award
- Follow the blogger who nominated you, unless you’re already a follower.
Seven facts about me:
- Humor is what drives me. I try to be funny. I enjoy being around people who are funny. I enjoy funny movies. Absolutely everything I’ve dealt with in my life, at some point, has had a moment of humor. I take it as a gift from God and how He’s helped me to deal with tragedies and stress.
- I am a Catholic mom. I have a deep love for God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. That being said, I certainly struggle often with all that. I am a stubborn woman who can be passive-aggressive. Okay, it’s not so much that I can be passive-aggressive, but more that I am passive-aggressive. That kind of goes in the opposite direction of living a faith-filled life. God and I are working on that. Still. And again. But mostly still.
- I come from a large family. It didn’t seem that big when I was growing up because that’s all I knew. We have four boys and four girls. Well, since I am one of the youngest and I am clearly “middle aged” I guess we could say four men and four women. And two brothers-in-law. My parents still live in the same home we grew up in.
- I have a twin sister who is five minutes younger than I am. She and I do not look like, act alike, like the same things, nor have the same life-goals. I am outgoing; she is more shy. I am loud; and so is she. Wait—with people she already knows she’ll be loud. Otherwise, she is not very loud at all.
- I have a boatload of nieces and nephews, step-nieces and step-nephews, and a handful of greats thrown in–some greats already here, and one on the way. ❤ This is a happy Aunt Juwie. Or, as the niece who will be having my newest great niece would say, Aunt Ju.
- I have worked in state politics for just over 17 years. All but nine months of that time has been spent in a non-partisan office, serving both parties equally. Well, I guess all parties because we have an Independent a time or two. Lonely for them, I’m sure.
- I love the color purple–absolutely my favorite.
I would like to recommend and nominate these folks:
I know I should have more that I follow, but I am truly such a novice and am still finding new blogs to follow. Please feel free to add your suggestions in the comments. I would love to add blogs to my library!